Tourism development plan for a small region around the town of Ranya in Kurdistan, Iraq
Ministry of Communities and Tourism of the Autonomous Region of Kurdistan
Brief project description:
Kohl & Partner was appointed as a sub-contractor by a well-known Lebanese consulting company to draw up a tourism development plan for the region around the three towns of Ranya, Haji-Yawe and Chwarqurna in Kurdistan. In addition to tourism development, the project focuses on urban planning, infrastructure development and know-how transfer.
From a tourism point of view, the region is interesting because it has a large wooded area, a long mountain ridge and access to a lake (Lake Dukan). Having these three elements on a relatively small area represents a strong unique selling point within Kurdistan and forms the basis for developing tourism in the region.
Key elements of the project:
- Analysis of the current situation
- Tourism Potential Analysis
- Identification of zones with largest tourism potential
- Tourism development concept for the region and the defined zones
- Definition of pilot tourism projects