Strategic guidelines and implementation support for Osttiroler Herzlichkeit
Holiday hotel in the Alpine region
Brief project description:
The organisation Osttiroler Herzlichkeit is a working group of over 50 accommodation providers in the East Tyrolean regions of the Lienz Dolomites, Hochpustertal, Defereggental and the national park region.
The hosts are committed to hospitality & cordiality, individual care, and personal conversations and contact with their guests and offer their guests the following advantages:
- the privilege of being a "private guest"
- real hospitality
- high standards and supreme comfort in rooms and apartments furnished with natural materials
- exclusive tips for unique excursions and activities
- our guests' wishes are our number one priority
The aim of the working group is to create a common sales and marketing platform for private accommodation providers in East Tyrol and thus to attract more guests to the region of East Tyrol and its private accommodation providers.
The future goal of the organisation is to create or maintain regional jobs (particularly for women) through the option of renting rooms, thus adding value to locals' homes.
Another aim is to "revitalise" East Tyrol's valleys and regions and to offer guests an attractive range of traditional customs, regional delicacies, etc. - which in turn creates jobs for craftsmen, restaurateurs, farmers, artists, etc. and contributes to the preservation of old traditions, lived customs and valuable resources.
With this goal in mind, a small working group from the organisation worked on the strategic guidelines with the East Tyrol Tourism Board in 2016.
In the process, the working group and the tourism board focused on the following building blocks in workshops:
- Positioning of the Osttiroler Herzlichkeit organisation (taking into account the Austria-wide range of private landlords)
- Development of new strategic guidelines to achieve the above goals
- Creation of a guideline for the implementation of the results in the businesses
- Creation of a list of criteria for members of the Osttiroler Herzlichkeit organisation
- Implementation support in the form of (individual) coaching and training courses for businesses
Key elements of the project:
- Definition of a vision and mission for Osttiroler Herzlichkeit
- Creation of over 20 criteria for Osttiroler Herzlichkeit members
- Creation of new bookable offers for 2017, each with a special feature for guests
- Together with the East Tyrol Tourism Board:
- Creation of a member guide with all established aims and criteria
- Design of an emblem for Osttiroler Herzlichkeit
- Design of an information box with interesting tips for guests
- Creation of joint advertising material such as a "thank you" card that is given to guests on departure
- Ongoing optimisation of the Osttiroler Herzlichkeit website
Since 2014, Kohl & Partner has supported the Osttiroler Herzlichkeit team strategically and operationally. Further development is constantly pursued together with the East Tyrol Tourism Board and the working group. In 2017, we got the most pleasant feedback from the province of Tyrol:
Dear Theresia, As discussed, we took a closer look at the operational development of the "Osttiroler Herzlichkeit" group. I am happy to report that the member businesses are showing an excellent
level of performance. The member businesses have a significantly higher average occupancy rate than the companies in the same furnishing category, and, thanks to your work, it has been possible to further increase the already high occupancy rates of these businesses. The group's growth in overnight stays alone shows that the number of arrivals and overnight stays has seen a double-digit increase and the number of full occupancy days has risen markedly. Operational utilisation has increased by an average of 30% and confirms excellent occupancy rates.
The common commitment and professionalism of everyone who has participated in this process is also reflected in the figures. I would like to once again congratulate you and all members of the group as well as all those involved in this success.