North Rhine-Westphalia Active Academy
Tourismus NRW e.V.
Völklinger Strasse 4
40219 Düsseldorf, Germany
Brief project description:
As part of the region's master plan, North Rhine-Westphalia's local tourism organisation started the "Active Academy NRW" project.
Over a period of two years, a range of coaching and training courses were held to increase professionalism in the tourism industry in North Rhine-Westphalia.
Key elements of the project:
- Cooperation with 10 sub-regions in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Holding of 236 training courses from October 2012 to September 2014
- Participants: small businesses, employees of tourism organisations and leisure providers
- Emphasis on the four key themes: marketing, quality, e-fitness and product and package development
- Adaptation of training courses to the requirements of the 10 regions and the respective target groups
- Increasing the competitiveness of service providers in active tourism in NRW