Master plan for nature tourism in the Swabian Danube Valley
Donautal Aktiv e.V.
Swabian Danube Valley Regional Development Team
89431 Bächingen, Germany
Brief project description:
In the "Swabian Danube Valley" area, the "Donautal Aktiv" association is working on a nature and water destination project. There is a fundamental desire for tourism cooperation between the regional authorities and tourism service providers along the section of the Danube between Ulm and Donauwörth. The basis for the planning is the idea of joint positioning across the Danube, its tributaries and the natural environment. The region also boasts an array of bodies of water and groundwater levels throughout southern Germany.
The Donautal-Aktiv association has numerous individual suggestions and activities to utilise the natural local recreation potential. However, there is no holistic strategic concept for this. A nature tourism master plan drawn up by Kohl & Partner is intended to provide guidance.
Key elements of the project:
- Detailed analysis of the current situation (including an overview of offers/projects that already exist and are in the planning stage)
- Identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Development of vision, goals and strategy
- Recommendations for action and definition of key projects
- Accompanying working groups in working further on selected projects